FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITY OF THE PELOPONNESE
The Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece (initially, of Patras) was founded in 1970 as a Center for Higher Technological Education (K.A.T.E.). In 1983, with the implementation of Law 1404/83, the Technological Educational Institution was founded as an independent and self-governed NPRD, which belongs to the Universities in Greek Higher Education since 2001. In 2019 its Faculty of Engineering part was incorporated into the University of the Peloponnese, while the rest of the Faculties were incorporated into the University of Patras.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (initially, of Mechanology) has been operating in its technological form since November 1983, although the first students have been introduced to the Institute since February 1974. By the Framework Law 1404/83 on the Operation of Technological Educational Institutions, it was incorporated as part of the Faculty of Technological Applications of the TEI of Western Greece (initially, of Patras), in tertiary education. In 2019 the Department was incorporated into the Faculty of Engineering of the University of the Peloponnese.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has undergone a series of curriculum reforms, following the evolution of technology, aiming at continuous educational and research upgrading, as well as providing comprehensive knowledge to its students.