FACULTY OF ENGINEERS, UNIVERSITY OF PELOPONNESE
The Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece (initially, of Patras) was founded in 1970 as a Center for Higher Technological Education (K.A.T.E.). In 1983, with the implementation of Law 1404/83, the Technological Educational Institution was founded as an independent and self-governed NPRD, which belongs to the Universities in Greek Higher Education since 2001. In 2019 the Faculty of Engineers was incorporated into the University of Peloponnese, while the rest of the Faculties were incorporated into the University of Patras.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
The Department of Mechanical Engineers (initially, of Mechanology) has been operating in its technological form since November 1983, although the first students have been introduced to the Institute since February 1974. By the Framework Law 1404/83 on the Operation of Technological Educational Institutions, it was incorporated as part of the Faculty of Technological Applications of the TEI of Western Greece (initially, of Patras), in tertiary education. In 2019 the Department was incorporated into the Faculty of Engineers of the University of Peloponnese.
The Department of Mechanical Engineers has undergone a series of curriculum reforms, following the evolution of technology, aiming at continuous educational and research upgrading, as well as providing comprehensive knowledge to its students.